Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Shattered Glass

WHOA!! 85% Cocoa is pushing my chocolate tolerance a bit. It's got the amazingly rich Cocoa taste, but it is SUPER bitter. I can't even eat one square of it. *sigh. In general, the darker the better though. I think around 60% is just right, maybe up to 70%. After that stuff though, Milk chocolate tastes like straight sugar.
Anyway, back to what I was ORIGINALLY going to write about before I took a huge bite of really, really dark chocolate...
Today was a string of embarrassing moments in the cafeteria. At lunch, I turned around w/ my tray and ran into Meghan, and my cup went flying and shattered on the floor. It happens almost once a day to someone, so I figure if I do it once at the beginning of the year it won't happen again later. It was hilarious though, it landed on the ground and I swear I saw half the cup bounce up OVER the table and land on the other side. Regardless, there was glass everywhere, on the table (thankfully nobody was sitting there anymore), on the chairs, on the floor. We were laughing really hard after the initial shock though. And then, tonight at dinner, I corrected Sam's knowledge on a particular subject that she found particularly interesting (if you don't get it, read the post from September 25, and if you still don't get it you probably aren't supposed to). Anyway, Sam totally dropped her fork and jumped up and screamed "No, you didn't!!" or "You aren't" or something like that really, really loudly. The whole cafeteria just stopped... and while Sam was rolling on the floor in shock, probably laughing, I was laughing so hard AT HER that I was almost crying. It was hilarious. Awful and embarrassing, but hilarious.
But theres finally something in my life that is making me happier than I've been in a long time (four months, and then before that, a full year), so I feel sort of impervius to things like accidentally drawing negative attention to myself. My happy little bubble is a lot tougher than some shards of shattered glass. I don't think that even the wall of reality could pop it right now- reality is just being too good to me. Sometimes I wonder how I managed to get so lucky. I have great friends, awesome people in my life who really make me feel good about myself and make me feel like I matter, I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world with incredible opportunities, not even the quality of the cafeteria food and the lack of a chai place can bring me down.
Oh, and if anyone is looking for a really amazing dare, I've got one up my sleeve, so don't hesitate to ask! (random, sorry, but that's why this blog used to be called "the random ramblings of my life")
On other random notes, today in English we read a really short excerpt of Politically Correct Bedtime Stories. They are so satiric its amazing, and certain people who I know read my blog would probably really enjoy them. (cough*emily*colin*john*kelsey*cough)
So, have fun reading really politically incorrect bedtime stories and do your homework and go to bed! Wait, thats me thats supposed to be doing homework, not you. Oops.
Love,
Sarah

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Hehehehe! The funniest things that happened to me this week were from yesterday...first, Yumi had a bunch of whipped cream squirted into her mouth, only it was a little too much, and she leaned forward out of instinct and it fell out of her mouth onto the ground with a soft 'plop'. It was hilarious.

The second was in the band room. Alan had just walked in, and Popoff and Christina and I were standing on the other side of the guard room from the band room door. So Alan walked in, and Haley said, "Look! Alan's got a horn!" because his hair was sticking up in such a way it looked like he had a horn. Then Christina said, "Heh, Alan's horny." So we all started cracking up. Because usually, it's true.

Jessica said...

i broke a 1000 mL in chemistry it was full of liquid minus like twenty five mL and then i blushed so much that my goggles fogged up. it felt good strangely

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, I did say that...
I laughed too.
Sweet that you're enjoying yourself, we miss you here!
... At least me in math class, though it isn't as bad this year.

Emily said...

By James Finn Garner?

Sarah said...

not entirely sure, but that sounds right