Monday, October 15, 2007

Feelin' like a princess

Today Sarah is feeling like a princess. Not one of those silly princesses who gets locked in a tower and has to sit there embroidering and doing all manners of other silly things until Prince Charming comes to collect her. Actually, this fairy tale doesn't have anything to do with prince charming at the moment... my life is SO non-sequential. Anyway, Sarah feels like one of those princesses who is out there slaying dragons and totally kicking the evil wizard's butt. Let me explain. My life for the past month and a half has felt like a fairy tale. You know, the kind where all the princes and princesses and children of diplomats and other rich people in the fairy kingdom go to boarding school, the fairy tale that takes place in that tiny little village out in the middle of nowhere surrounded by huge mountains. The places where the streets get covered in leaves in the fall and you look forward to the weekend when you have time to scoop them all together and make a big pile somewhere and go jump in it (totally doing that on Saturday after PSATs!) The places where you go for a bike ride for the weekend and you can ride to a different fairy tale kingdom (aka France) and ride past all sorts of cool chateaus and such. Everything is so picturesque, well, everything except the amount of homework and lack of sleep and that sort of thing, but we can deal with that.
Unfortunately, I can no longer take pictures of the picturesqueness because my camera is relatively dead. Hopefully my new one will be here by the end of the week, before I go to Italy.
By the way, I finally got milk and sugar so I can have chai now. And I found this cereal that tastes just like Kix. yay! still waiting for Cinnamon LIFE to get here. I might have to bring back an entire suitcase of food when I come back after Christmas. Sorry, but I'm not going to pay CHF 1.20 (about $1) for a pack of Ramen. Thats just ridiculous. And I was going to write something about chocolate except I forgot what it was. Chocolate is amazing.
Love, Sarah

3 comments:

Hannah said...

hehe...kids of important diplomat-type people in a small boarding school...sounds like Royally Jacked. Nice.

And we're taking the PSATs on the same day! Except you'll have taken it by the time I wake up for it...so you should send me the answers mentally! (lol)

John said...

I guess you trade off for stuff huh?
You get all the fun stuff, at the price of no sleep and lots of homework. Me on the other hand, have little homework and a nominal amount of sleep, but my life is certainly no fairy tale. I still envy you though...

Sarah said...

john... get a life. do something away from your computer and your running shoes for a while. like find a DI team.
hannah, it is kinda like royally jacked, except that wasnt a boarding school, and here most are oil kids, not diplomat kids.