Monday, October 8, 2007

I'm Seeing Stars

The stars here are brighter. Maybe they just seem brighter because life is so good, but I'm convinced that the milky way shines out much more clearly than it does at home, and the stars twinkle more, and the satellites are easier to spot. Maybe we just had a perfectly clear night last night, and the moon is nearly new, so it wasn't blocking out the stars, but we were close to my dorm, where there were lots of lights on, so the stars should have seemed dimmer. Maybe, just maybe, the brightness of the stars doesn't have that much to do with light pollution, and its just a perception. Maybe it's who we're with, what we're doing, and our emotions that are reflected in the brightness of the stars. Obviously theres still the pollution stuff going on, but I think we see the world around us in relation to what we're feeling, so when life is amazing everything seems a lot brighter and we can appreciate the beauty of our surroundings more. Or maybe I still can't accept that this is reality and I'm feeling kind of dazed and seeing those kind of stars you see when you hit your head really hard and are dazed and confused.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

There is so much implied in that...but I can see how I could agree with you, in a different time, a different place.

However, due to the unfortunate event of another NHS meeting tomorrow, I'll be online during first hour...so like right after school for you.

Sarah said...

ok I didn't mean that nearly as suggestively as it actually sounds and as I know you read it even more suggestively than I accidentally wrote it... at least I'm assuming that's what you meant by "implied"