Sunday, October 21, 2007

Running

I ran a 5k today. At least, everyone told me it was a 5k, but it felt a lot shorter than that. I hadn't really been training, and I managed to run the whole thing while talking, and I had a really strong sprint to the finish. I didn't feel dead at the end, like I used to with 5ks. The race was untimed, so I don't know how fast I ran it, which would give me some hint to how far it was. I feel sort of accomplished, because about halfway through I felt like my legs were going to fall off, but, by the end, I was so pumped... its hard to feel like you worked really hard when you finish with a ton of energy left to burn. I guess my breakfast finally digested halfway through the 'race' and gave me a last boost of energy, but I felt great. Now I understand how my ex-twin was always so energized after running while the rest of us were wiped out, because thats how I felt today. I was seriously ready to get up and go run it again after I stretched. Whats even better is that the run/walk/bike (some people even unicycled the whole thing) was for cancer research, so it was win-win all around. But now I'm all sweaty and smell bad so I should probably go take a shower.
Love,
Sarah

No comments: