Saturday, October 20, 2007

October

Today was one of those cool, crisp, and clear October days that make the fall romanticize-able. In general, the fall is my least favorite season. It's got all that lousiness of going back to school, with all the waiting for snow and skiing, without the fun. Normally, the best things about autumn are apple pie and crispy leaves to step on and jump in (see pictures on facebook, or email me for them) and getting to wear sweaters without having to wear ski parkas and mittens (which are great when its freezing, but not until then). There are days like today breezy and chilly and bright, that follow frozen-hot nights, the combination of which is... perfect. Of course, you throw PSATs and losing your keys(which are ridiculously expensive to replace) in there, and suddenly things aren't quite as bright, but its like someone just put a little dimmer on the fluorescent light bulb. Things can't be too bright or they'll blind you and you'll never see anything for face value again. Thats why s*** happens.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

So I totally thought of you, because one of my [Westernaires] friends just got back from SeaCamp, and I'm looking through her pictures, and remembering our wonderful times there...like ditching Josh at SeaWorld and the dolphin-crap water incident and calling Andrew from Josh's cell phone (Although Andrew and I are the only two who remember that one) and boogie boarding and oh man, I miss those times.