I'll start with fire. We had a fire drill at 9:30pm. The last one was at 6:30 am and it was raining, so I grabbed my ski parka not knowing how cold it would be, and went outside in my pjs with everyone else. It was warm out (just warm enough I didn't get cold because I was thinking warm and fuzzy thoughts about warm and fuzzy things that kept me warm and fuzzy, but cold enough that most of the girls in the dorm froze), and the stars were super bright and it made me get lost in thought. Why do firedrills always do that? Make me get lost in thought, I mean...
And now for ice. My ski area has pictures of snow coverage on the whole mountain. They open in one month, and for the first time in I don't know how many years, I won't be able to ski it opening weekend, or on Thanksgiving, or hike Tucker, and Spaulding might not even be open by the time I leave from winter break, and then I'll also miss sunsation and closing day. It came as a shock to me to see pictures of Copper and realizing that I won't see it for another two and a half months. Of course, by that point the bowls might be open, which would be awesome... but the first day of the season has always been special for me, and to not get to celebrate it at Copper this year will be... different. Of course, I'm loving the fact that this winter I will be able to ski all day Saturday and Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, and from what I heard today, I may even be able to get in a run or two on Wednesday mornings instead of sleeping in. So, skiing four, maybe five days a week. D***, that means I'm going to need to buy more ski socks, a boot dryer, learn how to wax and tune my skis, and figure out how to get my homework done when I'm supposed to do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dude. I LOVE your comments on the warm and fuzziness...and the amazing hidden implications it holds. It made me chuckle.
Post a Comment