One of the things I've started doing this year is writing down all those crazy, meaningful, funny, or downright weird things people say during class at the bottom of my notes. It makes reviewing notes more fun (because, you know, I just study my notes SOOO often), but it also makes TAKING notes somewhat practical. So here's a collection of some of the random, funny, (and not so random nor funny) things I've written down in class. Most of them are from math and TOK, because my teacher, Mr. Sharp, says some of the craziest things ever.
"All causes need a martyr." --Mr. Brown (History Teacher)
"That's life....That's death....That's biology!" (Three people in my bio class)
"I never let school ruin my education." --Mr. Sharp (TOK & Math), quoting someone famous.
"Tinned food does not have sex with other tinned food to make more tinned food!" --Mr. Sharp
"I don't want to live my life believing lies."--Mr. Sharp
"Every summer when I go on holiday, I take a new calculus book with me. Its the only way I can guarantee nobody will talk to me on long flights." -Mr. Sharp
My dorm "mother," Mrs. Moore, is hilarious. She is British and has that "prim and proper" finishing school attitude, although she is really, really nice. At our dorm meeting the other night she said something like. "Young ladies should have clean rooms, clean sheets, clean bodies, clean clothes, and clean mouths. Bad words are called bad words because they are BAD for you. If a boy ever says bad words around you, you should ask him not to speak like that in front of you." The way she said it was totally hilarious, because she was so serious about it, and. I'm bringing my camera and a pencil and paper to the next dorm meeting so I can catch the next quote perfectly. I've heard to watch out for her "boys and sex" speech that she gives once a year, because it is one of the funnies things you will ever hear, but you only get to hear it once... I love documenting these things as they happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, but Mehlbach quotes are even better.
"Young man, if you were a can of tomato soup, where would you be?"
ect, ect. AKA: Crazy insane awesomeness.
yes true true mehlbach is absolutely the most amazing teacher in the whole freaking world!!!!! well at least in my world of academics.
Post a Comment