So now that I've ranted about the beauty of Switzerland and all the amazing things there are to do here, today I will rant about all the amazing things there are to EAT here.
First and foremost, there is chocolate. I've already spent about 20 francs on chocolate. GOOD INVESTMENT. There is dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, chocolate with hazelnut, Toblerone and Toblerone knockoffs, mousse noisette chocolates...almost every kind of amazingly delicious chocolate you could possibly imagine. Its gotten to a point where if I don't be careful, I will gain weight from all the chocolate. Its so easy to eat so much of it! But I love chocolate, and every pound I put on due to chocolate will be completely worth it. There is so much to do here and everything involves walking uphill both directions, so we joke that we burn all the calories from our chocolate anyway. But who gives a D***!! Its CHOCOLATE!
After chocolate, there is chocolate fondue. Its amazingly amazing and easy to make. Step one: Put a bar of milk chocolate in a pot and melt it. Step two: Dip things in it (like cookies, apples, pineapple, bananas, strawberries....). Step three. EAT.
The third most amazing thing there is to eat here is chocolate mousse. I haven't actually had any yet. When my family traveled to France and Switzerland when I was little, my brother and I sampled the Mousse au Chocolat at every restaurant. There is a very subtle difference in texture and flavor from place to place, although it always remains amazing!
Number four is Ice Cream. People from Europe don't find it at all extraordinary that you can buy ice cream everywhere. But those Extreme Chocolat cones are all part of the non-American experience. I don't care if they are CHF 2.50, those things make Switzerland, Switzerland.
Fifth is cheese. My close friends know that I don't eat Swiss cheese unless it is imported Swiss from Switzerland. Well, here if its imported I won't eat it. Simple as that. I'm in the land of cows, cow bells, and fine Gruyere. There is good Swiss cheese on the side bar of our cafeteria at every meal alongside the peanut butter, jelly, butter, Nutella, and sandwich meats. I love it.
Numero six! Along with Chocolate fondue and cheese comes cheese fondue. There's this fun game that you are supposed to play with fondue. You get a big group to get fondue, and then you sit in a circle around the fondue pot, alternating boys and girls. While having a ton of fun, you eat the fondue. If your piece of bread falls off your fork in the fondue pot, then you are supposed to kiss the person on your left. I've never actually played this game before, but it sounds interesting.
Numero sept...Veal. Go ahead and cry for the baby cows, but they are delicious! Lip-smackin' good.
Eighthly, for breakfast everyday I eat cornflakes with strawberry yogurt. People don't eat cornflakes with strawberry yogurt back home. Its just something I started eating here. But it is really delicious. You should try it some time.
And thats it! The eight amazing things you will eat in Switzerland: Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate, Cheese, Cheese, Cow, and Cereal (and Carbs). Those are the Eight Cs of necessity.
Love and have fun eating!
-Sarah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You do know just how close I am to comming out there and taking your place? Well....very. If I didn't know you were bringing me back chocolate. Boatloads. Ahem.
Post a Comment