So I was sitting here, pretending to do my homework--a topic proposal for an English research paper/extended essay--and for a long time I've wanted to do my extended essay on theoretical astronomy. I think I've settled on Globular Clusters (not that important for you to know what they are, google it if you really want to know). Anyway, I was sitting here, thinking about astronomy, listening to Astronomy Cast, and thinking about how much homework I have to do. Suddenly, this vision popped into my head. My pile of homework got so big it started exerting gravitational forces on me, the longer I fight it, the harder it pulls. My pile of homework got so massive it collapsed on itself and turned into a super-massive black hole. That black hole sucked in my soul and shredded it into a thousand million tiny little pieces. It was sort of like a vision, a metaphorical prediction of the future. I can resist doing my homework, or I can just quietly get suckered into doing it. Either way, I get sucked in. The first option I just get to play a few rounds of FreeCell, check my email, update my blog, look at people's photos on facebook, and go skiing first.
Ok, so it didn't really happen like that. I didn't go into a trance. I just had the image of my homework exerting gravitation forces on me, and decided it would make for a great metaphor. So one day, when I get my soul back from the IB office and have time, I might write a sci-fi novel (or short story) about Death by the black hole of homework. I should save that for college, when I can actually do the mathematical calculations of how massive that pile of homework would have to be to pull a high school student towards it.
Anyway, I should actually go and tackle some of that homework so it doesn't get to the size where it would start gravitationally attracting me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment