Thursday, January 17, 2008

And I thought life couldn't get any better...

After Sunday and Tuesday, I was having a hard time imagining my ski season would stay that awesome. Today was day sixteen (telemark day 4) and it was amazing. I really need some new adjectives other than perfect, amazing, fantastic, fabulous, incredible because those really aren't all that descriptive. But anyway. Thursdays rock my neon socks off for a million bajillion different reasons (or really just few) a) We have sleep-in, meaning classes start at 9 instead of 8. b) My first class, chemistry, is just down three flights of stairs from my room, meaning I can sleep until 8:15 or 8:30. c) There are only three class periods-chem, math, and bio. d) Biology is also in my dorm building, so after class I can come straight upstairs, grab a sack lunch, and go to my room to get my ski boots. e) I can change into my ski stuff, take the 12:15 bus to the mountain, and have time for a run before Ski Team meets at 1. f) After 2:30, I can free ski, as long as I'm back at school by 5.
So anyway, today instead of doing ski team I went with the activities director to learn how to telemark for real. Theres a huge difference between going on a hut trip and sort-of telemarking, and actually learning what you are doing. So yeah, I freed my sole (hehehe, get it?)

1 comment:

Rup said...

true dat. Thursdays rock!