What do you do when you realize that how you feel for one thing can't change how you feel about another? What happens when you realize what you thought was all you wanted wasn't as great as you expected? How do you go back when so much has happened? You can't always pretend it never happened, there are some mistakes you have to accept. It's correcting them without making anything worse thats the tricky part. But how do you do it without hurting anyone? How do you do it without hurting yourself? Why do I have enough insight to know that in the long run, it will be worth it to do what I need to do? But what if I'm making the wrong decision? What if I know I'm not? Why haven't people commented on my last five posts? Why do I care? Why do I keep bothering when there are more important things I should be doing? Or when there are more fun things to do?
I've gotten really into sketching lately. I thought I had no talent with drawing, but someone showed me some great techniques There also

aren't enough things in my room that are cool to draw, so I'm sketching from old photos on my computer (and taking pictures of my sketches of those photos and putting them back on my computer). Brownie points (and maybe an extra bar of chocolate at Christmas) to anyone other than Hannah who can send me an email telling me who's eye this is (and even more if you can tell me what picture its from, although I'm sure nobody else has spent nearly as many minutes looking at that photograph as I have). It doesn't really look like said person's eye. But as I progress with my drawing, the other eye, the nose, the mouth, the hair, maybe, just maybe it will become more clear who it is. When that happens though, I won't be able to post it here. I'll only share it with certain people. In all reality, if you read this, you probably are one of those people I'll share it with, but there are the few exceptions.
I should really get back to my homework. I really don't want to. But I want to go to sleep more, so that means doing my homework so I can sleep. Really, what I want to do is sketch some more, write in my journal, and read a book, curl up on my bed with a nice cup of chai, in my fuzzy pajamas and listen to relaxing sad songs, then go to sleep.
2 comments:
I apologize for not commenting, but in general your life is far more interesting then mine, with only a few events on my end that are engaging. I'm sure you can figure out what those are... It isn't difficult.
In some regards your life is like a scaled down reality show, which it is to a point, except your life isn't scripted. But it's rather fascinating to follow your life, partly because it hits home even on lesser events, simply because I know you.
Hmm, I hope that doesn't seem excessively weird. I'm sure you noticed, but your blog has gotten slightly depressing lately; hopefully, your life perks up here in the next few days.
not sure what else to write, just writing what comes to mind in hopes it helps.
you're almost there... you'll make it. and again, good luck.
-John
Darn...I wanted that extra chocolate bar. I think you owe me one for something anyway...maybe it was being closest to guessing the exact amount of time (One month?) I don't know.
Sweet eye, though.
Post a Comment