One day, Sarah decided that school was taking over her life. She was opposed to the idea of homework. She thinks that teachers should do more in class and give us less work to do out of class. The realization that, with homework, she was working much, much more than forty hours a week made her slightly annoyed, especially when coupled with the fact that she was only getting about 24 hours of sleep during the school week. That one fifth of my week spent sleeping, as opposed to one third, which is what is recommended (eight hours a night!) So Sarah is tired. Sarah has been to tired to go stargazing, and hasn't seen an incinerating bit of cosmic dust in a long time. Sarah no longer knows which planets are which when she looks up at the sky, and she can't remember most of the constellations. She hasn't listened to her astronomy podcast in a few months, and she misses her hobby. Unfortunately, she isn't let out of the dorm after 7:30 on school nights, so no stargazing for me, except on weekends. She misses the stars. She misses keeping track of the moon. She misses being super nerdy, especially when she can't keep her GPA up to her nerdy standards.
I finished my presentation. Presented it. My teacher said it was "good." Whatever that means. She's a really harsh grader so I guess that just plain good is good enough. I have to wait until Monday to find out my score. So now is when my weekend really begins. I get to go skiing tomorrow, but that means finding someone with a key who can let me into the ski room to get my skis. Preferably before too late tonight so I can sharpen my edges. And then I have to find people who are going that are my level that I can ski with. Maybe today I'll go for a run, and practice my flute and take a nap.
Love, Sarah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment