This may well be my last post before I leave. So theres today, during which I'm packing, theres tomorrow during which I'm hanging out, theres Saturday during which I panic, and then I go poof off the face of America. YAY! But before I leave, I really want to say thanks to all the people who have influenced me in the good 'ol state of Colorado (or influenced me when I happened to be elsewhere). Friends, family...what am I going to do without you guys? Find some new ones, I guess, and try to hold on where I can. I'm not a big fan of holding on to the past, but this is one of those cases, as I'm about to leave, where I'm having a hard time looking forward. It's just going to be so new and different, somehow its easier to look back. I see everything I'll be leaving behind, both the good and bad. There are some friendships that will be greatly changed by leaving and others that it won't really have any effect on. You probably know which category you fall into. Regardless, I don't want to lose any friends as a result of it.
Before I leave, there are three guys and three girls that I particularly want to send a shout-out to, as I know I won't be seeing you where I'm going (and if I do, well, it wasn't in my plans).
First, to my brother. The day you left, I was setting the table and put out four plates, then nearly cried remembering that you won't be back for a long time.
Second, to my best friend. I don't know if I've ever told you that you are my best friend, and I don't really know if you know that you are...but I've known you for nine years (as of the start of this school year, you should know who you are now) and I've been through more with you than with anyone else. We've had our issues, but are all the closer for it. I don't really know what I'm going to do without you.
Third, to the one I ran to in middle school. We've never been super-super-super close, but you've always been there for me. You are one of the few who will listen to me, no matter what I have to say or complain or rant about, and I do the same for you. I'm going to miss you extremely, because email just doesn't work as well for talking. You rock my neon socks off. You know who you are.
Fourth to an Outward Bound instructor who changed me more than I would ever have guessed was possible.
Fifth, to my other true friend. I guess I've known you for a while but its only over the past two years that we've gotten close. We've definitely had our ups and downs, but they don't seem to matter in the long run. You probably think you should be on this list but can't really figure out which one you are.
Sixth, to a person who taught me how to live, love, and love living. I love you.
And then of course, there are my parents. I owe them so much. My DI team. Girl Scout Destinations. The two teachers (4th/5th grade, Soph. English) who have really helped me grow not just academically but in my thinking and how I view the world. My skis (thank goodness I don't have to leave them behind!) and previous ski instructors and ski buddies. My flute and flute teacher. But most especially my FRIENDS. I don't know where I'd be without you, but I certainly wouldn't be about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime. So here I am, about to say just about the saddest two words in the English Language: Good Bye. Fare Well. Au Revoir. Adios, Amigos. I'll be back.
Love,
Sarah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey Sarah,
I'm so sorry and sad that i didn't see you yesterday. There really isn't an excuse except that i fell asleep and then woke up at 8 and started homework thinking you guys had gone home, then i called kelsey and you guys were still out. Hope you all had alot of fun!! well keep in touch and im sorry.
*hug*
<3
I miss you too.
-Colin
cool. I like this blog, sarah. honestly....i miss you like no other. i know i sucked last year. totallly a bitch...and i know that i'm definitely NOT apologizing on the internet...i'll save that for when you get back in person. i hope you have a ton of fun in Switzerland. That is such a great opportunity and I know that it is exactly what you wanted. I definitely know who: your brother is, the best friend, and the neon socks...but i can't figure out the other two. i guess i could take a stab, but that might just be too horribly wrong! lol. i hope you are having fun!
Post a Comment