America. Culture shock. Wow. It was so weird getting off the airplane and hearing EVERYONE speaking English. I mean, even though I go to an American school, you're always hearing Russian or Spanish or Portuguese or German and the chances that the English you're hearing doesn't have funky accents and a whole bunch of foreign words thrown in is pretty slim. And the fact that food is cheap...
I got home and while everything is the same, its not exactly how I remembered it. I feel like I've grown a foot. The sink is a lot shorter than I remember it being, my bed is smaller and bigger at the same time, the refrigerator is short... I don't know what happened because I didn't grow more than two inches. The mountains are all small and...small. The sky is big because I don't have a huge mountain behind me and an even huger one across the valley that block off most of the sky. I think tonight I will go stargazing, since at boarding school you get locked into the dorm at 11pm at the latest and hence can't get up in the middle of the night to go stargazing.
But I'm home now, and really jet lagged (I think) and I want to go to sleep even though its mid-morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment