So here's what I did during study hall last night after *hopefully* acing my math exam (I can't say for sure, but I know I did well). I figured I could take some time off from studying. My hope is that hopefully everyone will recognize what picture this is, otherwise I did a very, very, very bad job. If you can't tell who/what it is, please let me know. PLEASE. Again, comments, compliments, and constructive criticisms are all welcome.
Actually, I changed my mind. This sketch might not be that recognizable. The face is too wide, one eye is much darker than the other, its unbalanced, etc, etc. My shading and bridge between light and dark is all wrong.

So heres the original. I like to compare my drawing to what I'm drawing to see how close I am, so heres the real thing:
2 comments:
To be honest i couldn't tell who is was but my first thought was wow, she is progressing! even though it isn't perfectly eragon (i don't know how you spell it) but you are getting the ratios of the face down better, have you done multiples of one picture? that sometimes help, cause while you are doing the first you realize problems with your work and then you do it a second time and are able to correct those things, right now in art i just finished a water color and it didn't turn out how i wanted it but i can see how next time i could make it better! you should try water color also!it is fun but you need to practice and work with it and learn how to use it, but it is really fun once you start getting a handle on it! this summer we should go painting or drawing in a park!
I recognized it before I saw the movie cover! You're really doing well. Sorry, I don't know enough about art to give you more advice than that. But yes, I could tell who it is. You win, Sarah!
Post a Comment