Monday, December 3, 2007

Happy Monday

I'm sitting here, bored in English class, supposed to be revising a journal entry that I actually did well originally. So I'm not bothering to revise it, because it's fine the way it is. We're listening to some music all calm and acoustic, and its snowing again. The temperature finally dropped enough to turn the weekend's rain into snow. Happy Monday. I never thought I'd think of Mondays as being happy. They're mondays. Happy Monday is almost as oxymoronic as saying Good Morning (ok, well for certain people. I happen to like mornings on occasion). But today is a happy morning and a happy monday. To have a happy monday morning is just...weird. Already it's snowed about an inch. With any luck, it will continue to snow here to get a nice solid base on the mountain, and it will snow some more back home so that more runs will be open when I go home to ski over winter break. Hey! Speaking of winter break, this is the last monday morning I will spend in class. Next Monday morning I will be studying for my Monday afternoon exams. The semester is almost over. I don't really know how I feel about that. I mean, I'm excited to go home and see everyone, but I think the semester went by too fast. Before I know it, school will be out, and I might not get to come back here for another year of school. For that reason, I don't want this semester to ever end. I love being this age, having these opportunities. I don't want to let any of it go. New Years isn't a celebration for me, because it symbolizes the passage of time. I wish I could just press the pause button on life, freeze, and live these past three months over and over again. I don't want next semester to go by quite so fast as this one did.

1 comment:

NorthernBikes said...

And in two mondays, I'll be talking to you and giving you hugs to make up for all the hugs I haven't given you over the past three months.