Sunday, December 2, 2007

Craving Kataluma

Today I was in Vevey to see The Nutcracker. It was great. When it was over we went to dinner and then I settled down at Starbucks with a nice cup of steaming hot chai with whipped cream. Their single flavors only in hot really made me miss Kataluma's twenty-five or so flavors in hot, iced, blended, and milkshake varieties, with all their toppings and deliciousness. The first thing I want to do when I get back home is to go to Kataluma and get some chai. My flight home is going to seem so long knowing whats waiting for me on the other end.
I've never been away from home this long. I think I got through the past three months by blocking out all the things aside from friends that reminded me of home. But now as I only have two weeks left until I can see the familiar landscape, the mild roll to the hills I once considered mountains. I hadn't looked at any pictures of my room until yesterday, because I was afraid of feeling like this too soon. And while I don't want to leave this place--I'll never want to leave here--theres a big chunk of me that wants to go home for a little while. I don't want to go home for a long time. The thought of having to go home in June and perhaps have to stay there all of next school year scares me like none other. Its hard to make a change when you know its for the worse, or even when you think its for the worse.

<3 Sarah

2 comments:

Padfoot said...

When you get back, we should go to chai. Tell me a time, and I will meet you. Mmmm.... chai.....

Hannah said...

with Kelsey. I've yet to find a Kataluma flavor that I really like...since I'm a chai purest. I like it normal, without weird flavors. I don't mind a little flavor to spice it up, Like a touch of vanilla, but for the most part, I'm a purest.

But yes, I will meet you.